Kekaulike Center Non-Credit Registration FAQs

Office of Continuing Education and Training

Kapi`olani Community College Continuing Education and Training offers non-credit registration to enable practicing professionals, “for” credit students looking for a short-term workforce certificate program, and community members to participate in programs without applying for admissions or re-admissions to Kapi`olani Community College.

For participants/students wishing to register for any course or program, we recommend you review the information contained on this page.  If you still have questions, you can reach us at (808) 734-9211 (M-F, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm) or email us at

General Information

Do I need to get a campus parking permit or decal when I come to campus to attend my class?                                   

No.  However, we encourage you to check with the instructor or program coordinator if a parking permit is necessary.  If no parking permit is needed, please park in unmarked stalls in LOTS B, C, D, and E (refer to campus map).  

Are Continuing Education/Noncredit students issued a UH student ID card?  

No.  But if you would like to appeal, please email Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs, Dr. Noʿeau Keopuhiwa at and Dean of Continuing Education and Training, Dr. Carol Hoshiko at  

If I have a disability and I need special accommodations in the classroom, who do I need to contact?                                 

We have a Disability Support Services/Deaf Center office on campus. Contact the DSSO/Deaf Center coordinator Deneen Kawamoto at or (808) 734-0552.

Are Continuing Education courses eligible for Financial Aid?                                                                                            

Continuing Education/Noncredit courses are not eligible for Federal Financial Aid.  If you are interested or need more information on options for financial assistance please contact the Noncredit Registration Manager at (808) 734-9889 or via email at


Do you provide job placement?

Our focus is on training and lifelong learning.  We do not offer formal job placement or career counseling services.  


How do I obtain a tax receipt for a Non-credit course? 

Tax receipts are only valid for registrants whose fees have not been reimbursed by an employer or other organization. We recommend you contact the tax preparer directly to determine eligibility for the tuition tax credit. The email receipt you received upon completing the online registration and payment can be used as a tax receipt. If you require a more official PDF of your receipt, contact us at (808) 734-9211 or and indicate which program you attended.


Will my information be shared with a third party?

Privacy policy:  Because of data privacy laws, student information will not be released to anyone without the student’s written permission.  We will not sell or distribute your personal information to any third party. 

Costs, Payment, and Refunds

What is the cost?

Noncredit tuition is determined per course; refer to the program page for the course you are interested in. Your registration will be confirmed upon receipt of full payment.


How can I pay registration fees?

Please note:  we no longer accept credit card information by phone.

We accept online payment with the following credit cards:





Diner’s Club

We also take in person/walk-in only payment in cash, check, debit card or credit card (as mentioned above).  If payment by check is accepted for a particular program, please note NSF (non-sufficient funds) checks are subject to a $25.00 Administrative Fee. If paying with a credit card or check please bring your State ID.


Can I make split payments with two credit cards?

No, full payment must be made with one credit card if paying online.  If you need to make a split payment between 2 credit cards, you must come into the Noncredit Registration Office located at Manono Building, Room #111J Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM (closed on weekends and State holidays). 


When I enter in my credit card information, it gives me an error message with an error code 1777. What does this mean?

Please check that your billing address is correct (postal/zip code)


I enrolled for a course that I am no longer able to attend. How do I request for a refund?

Please call the noncredit registration office at (808) 734-9211 to request for a refund. Please note that in order to receive a full refund, the request must be made at least 10 business days prior to the course start date. For a 50% refund, the request must be made within five to nine business days from the start date of the course. If the request is made less than 5 business days, no refund can be issued unless an exception is made by the program coordinator. Failure to attend class or notify your instructor of your intent to withdraw does not constitute an official withdrawal from the course.  Agencies submitting purchase orders for student registration fees will be billed regardless of attendance, unless notification of withdrawal is made by the specific refund deadline.  

A Refund for check or cash payments are processed within 6 to 10 weeks.  Refunds for credit card charged payments are credited to the card originally charged.  Please allow 72 hours for the refunds to return to your account. Exceptions may be granted with approval from the Dean of Continuing Education and Training:  Culinary Noncredit, Health Education Noncredit, and International Students.




Where can I register for Continuing Education/Noncredit Courses?

There are several ways to register for a course.  You can register through our Continuing Education website or by appointment call, (808) 734-9211 for in-person registration on campus at the Noncredit Registration Office located at Manono Building, Room #111J.


Is online registration available at your campus for Continuing Education/noncredit courses?

Yes.  We recommend that you use the online registration process.  It is convenient, secured, and open for online registration 24/7.  If you encounter a problem while setting up your student portal or difficulty with registration and/or payment, feel free to contact our office at (808) 734-9211 (M-F from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm).


I have an account already, but I don’t remember my username and/or password. Am I able to retrieve it?

Yes, please click on the “Forgot Username” and/or “Forgot Password” and enter the requested information. An email will be sent to the email address on your account. If you forgot both your username and password, 2 separate emails will be sent (1 containing your username, 1 containing your password). IF YOU DO NOT CHECK YOUR EMAIL 60 MINUTES AFTER YOU RESET YOUR PASSWORD, THE REGISTRATION SYSTEM WILL EXPIRE YOUR PASSWORD.   For more info contact the Noncredit Registration Office at or (808) 734-9211.


What internet browser do you recommend that works with the online registration system?

We highly recommend Chrome or Firefox.


When can I register?

You can register for any class that is available, by registering online or in-person. If a class is listed and not open for registration, a message will appear online to contact the Noncredit Registration Office.  Register EARLY to guarantee a space in the class!


What if I need to transfer to another course/section?  

Students may transfer to another course/section prior to the start of the first day of instruction and at the equal tuition amount.  If not, please contact the Noncredit Registration Office at (808) 734-9211 or


How do I know if there is a space available?                                                                                                                                   

 If a class is already filled, there will be a message indicating the class is full and you will have the option to place yourself on a wait list if available.


Can a course/class be cancelled due to low enrollment?

In most cases we require a minimum of eight or ten students to run the course.  You will be notified by email or a telephone call if your class is cancelled.  The college reserves the right to cancel classes with insufficient enrollment; payment is then automatically refunded.  If we have to cancel your class, you may request a full refund or transfer to another course of your choice, space permitting and if there is a substitute course in a future term or semester.


I waitlisted myself for a course. How will I be notified if a seat opens up?

If you are next in line on the waitlist when there is an opening, an email will be sent from the registration system to the email address on your account.  You have 48 hours to respond. There will be a link to click on in the email to enroll and pay.


Can I register a friend or a family member?

Yes!  We welcome you and your family to do the family registration via our Family Portal.  For more information contact Noncredit Registration Office at or (808) 734-9211.


How will I know if I get into the Class?

If you register yourself online, you will be able to see whether there is still space available in a class.  Once you complete the necessary payment information, you are registered.  You will receive an email confirmation and receipt within 24 hours.


Will I receive a reminder once I register for a class online or in-person?

You will receive a confirmation email for each class you register for, as well as a receipt for the entire transaction.  We do not call our students to remind them of their upcoming class, therefore please mark your calendar when you sign up for classes.


I forgot when and where my course is taking place. Where can I find this information?

Your course dates, times, building, and room should be located on your emailed receipt.  You can also retrieve your course info on your student portal.  For more info email Noncredit Registration at or call (808) 734-9211.


Where do classes meet?

Class locations and directions should be noted in the course description and on your receipt.  Most classes are held at Kapiʿolani Community College, 4303 Diamond Head Road, Honolulu, Hawaiʿi, 96816.  Specific buildings and classrooms are determined by the program areas. Below are the buildings where most of these courses are offered but may be different from what is listed below. Check your receipt for the latest information on the location of your course.

Culinary Courses:  ʿOhelo or ‘Ohi’a Building on the Kapi’olani Community College campus, or at the Culinary Institute of the Pacific at 4500 Diamond Head Road.

Health Education:  Kauila or Kōpiko Building

Computer, Business, Cybersecurity, Language, Culture, Communication and  ESL:  Manono Building. We also offer fully online and hybrid courses.




Who are the program area coordinators?                                                                                                      

Health Education Noncredit:  Martin Chong,

Culinary Noncredit & Culinarium:  Susan Kazama,                                                                  

Office of Continuing Education and Training Programs: 

What is the age requirement to take open enrollment courses?

Unless otherwise noted, classes are limited to students 18 years and older.


Do I need an academic transcript to take a continuing education course?

No. Continuing Education courses are open to the general public.


Does completion of a non-credit course qualify for academic credits toward a diploma or degree program?

There are and maybe some cohort programs that qualify for a Certificate of Competence, depending on the subject. Contact the program coordinator for more information.


I am trying to enroll in EMS CME courses however, it gives me an error message saying that enrollment cannot proceed since I am not a State of Hawaiʿi licensed provider. I am a State of Hawaiʿi licensed provider, how can I enroll for this course? 

Please contact the Noncredit Registration Office at (808) 734-9211 or


What other types of financial assistance is available for Continuing Education students?

Hāna Career Pathway Program

The Hāna Career Pathways, a Reimagine Workforce Preparation grant from the U.S. Department of Education, offers tuition assistance for short term training leading to college and career pathways. The program will increase employment paths to in-demand living-wage jobs in three resilient sectors—healthcare, technology, and skilled trades–to support a thriving, diverse, and resilient Hawai‘i.

To be eligible for this tuition assistance, you must meet the following requirements:

  • Hawai‘i resident
  • Currently not working or underemployed (may be working part-time and/or making less than $20/hour). Priority will be given to applicants who are not working.
  • U.S. citizen or status as a permanent resident alien of the U.S. (have a green card)
  • Must submit an application to Hāna Career Pathways.


First to Work Program (FTW)

The goals of the FTW Program are 1) to assist work-eligible individuals (WEI) of TANF families to obtain employment and progress towards self-sufficiency, and 2) to assist other work-eligible individuals (OWEI) to rehabilitate so they may engage in work activities and obtain employment. For more information, contact Danielle Chung email:                                                            


Employment Training Fund (ETF)

Funded through the State of Hawai’i Workforce Development Division, the ETF Program will subsidize 50% of tuition costs up to an ETF cap of $400 per course for participating employees; any excess balance shall be paid by the employer directly to Kapi’olani Community College.  ETF’s assistance shall not include the cost of books, tools, equipment, and auxiliary and support services; payment for these materials and services shall be made by the employer or the ETF participant. For more information, please contact our Registration Office at


MyCAA (Military Dependents): Contact Noncredit Registration at 734-9211 or


If you have a question not addressed above, please contact Alissa L. Kashiwada at (808) 734-9889 or